What is personal information?
Personal information is any information about an individual from which the individual’s identity can be reasonably determined.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information so that we can:
- Send you communications with the latest news and educational information on environmental matters.
- Send you any information that you specifically request from us.
- Answer any questions you may have.
- Respond to your feedback or complaints.
What happens if you don’t give us your personal information?
If we ask for your personal information and you don’t give it to us, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services that you are seeking.
Holding your personal information
We have processes in place to ensure the security of your personal information. We encrypt any data that we need to transfer to service providers, and we limit access to personal information within our organisation.
Disclosing your personal information
We only use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it. From time to time, we may disclose your personal information to:
- information technology providers, such as hardware and software vendors;
- government, law enforcement or statutory bodies, where we are required to disclose your personal information by law;
- organisations that we engage to provide us with communication services including mailing, phone, printing and e-mailing services;
- customer or market research organisations.
How can you access your personal information?
Simply send an e-mail to email@example.com, specifying the information that you’d like us to send to you. If we can’t provide you with some of your personal information, or if there is likely to be a delay, we’ll let you know why.
Using your personal information for marketing purposes
We may use your personal information to keep you up to date with the latest news from us, and to inform you of any products and services available from organisations that we partner with.
You can opt out of receiving marketing messages from us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Opt Out”, and listing your name and e-mail address in the e-mail.
From time to time, we may partner with other organisations to promote their products and services to you. In these instances, Money Grows on Trees sends the communication to you, and does not disclose any of your personal information to the partner organisations. We do not sell or rent any of your personal information to any other organisation for marketing purposes.
Use of Website Cookies
- To make it easier and faster to use our website by remembering your preferences and storing previously entered data;
- To provide statistical information to us on website usage;
- To provide targeted content to users based on their activities on our website.
None of our cookies capture your personal information. The cookies used on our website include those developed by Money Grows on Trees and a number of cookies belonging to third parties who provide statistical, technical and advertising services to our website.
Money Grows on Trees specifically uses Google Analytics cookies for demographic and interest reporting, and for remarketing to its visitors on third party websites. Personal information is not transmitted via these cookies. Google provides an opt-out from these features.
If you have a complaint about the privacy of your personal information, we ask that you contact us. We will try to resolve any disputes promptly. If however, you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) (www.oaic.gov.au).
You can make any requests relating to your privacy by e-mailing us at email@example.com.