These Terms and Conditions of Use apply to all content owned by Start Sustainable Pty Ltd (“the Company”), either in its own name, or trading as Money Grows on Trees. Content includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Content published on the Money Grows on Trees website
- Content delivered through an application used on a mobile device
- Content delivered by a director or employee of the Company, or by a person authorised to speak on behalf of the Company, in any form of private or public media – for example social media, television and third party websites.
These Terms and Conditions of Use also apply to any calculators to which the Calculator Conditions of Use already apply. These Terms and Conditions of Use apply in addition to any terms already specified in the Calculator Conditions of Use. In the event of any inconsistency, the Calculator Conditions of Use will prevail.
1. The Company uses its best endeavours to ensure that the information it provides is based upon reasonable assumptions and methodologies, and to ensure that any information is kept up to date where possible and practicable to do so. However the Company does not provide any warranty, either express or implied, for the accuracy of any information provided, or for any recommendations it makes.
2. Any figures provided and calculations performed are estimates only, and your actual experience in your situation is likely to differ from these estimates for a number of reasons, including but not limited to:
- Estimates being based upon appliances operated under test conditions. Your individual conditions are likely to be different to the test conditions.
- You may be on a different electricity plan to the ones used to calculate electricity prices in each state.
- Electricity prices used assume a flat electricity price throughout the day, with no time of use pricing.
- Electricity prices and carbon emissions assume 100% use of grid-supplied power, with no reliance on purchased green power or household solar power.
The appliance models upon which estimates are based may be different to the models used in your situation.
3. Any recommended actions published by the Company constitute an expression of the Company’s opinion only. The Company is not liable for any loss, economic or otherwise, or other damage suffered by a user who makes a decision on the basis of any opinions, information, calculations and figures provided by the Company.
4. None of the information provided by the Company constitutes Financial Advice under the Corporations Act 2001 (Commonwealth of Australia). Any references to financial savings merely refer to the output of calculations performed in particular appliance usage scenarios.
5. All intellectual property on the Money Grows on Trees website and in any calculators created by the Company (except intellectual property belonging to other parties as indicated) belongs to the Company and may not be used for any other individual or commercial purpose without the Company’s express consent.
6. The Company provides space on its website and applications for third parties to display advertisements and other promotional messaging, whether directly through an arrangement with the Company, or through third party advertising networks. The Company is not liable in any way for any loss or damage suffered by a user as a result of consuming particular advertising content on its website and applications, or as a result of entering a commercial transaction with an advertiser after viewing the advertising content.
7. Any legal proceedings arising from content owned by the Company will be subject to the laws of the state of New South Wales, Australia.